RE: Web Service Description and stateful services - (on the 'www-ws@w3.org' list) Debating on a) Stateful Web Service Instances b) Stateful Interaction - OGSI

No, I am not concluding that it is out of scope at all. WSDL can be extended with a lot of information that can be classified as "semantics". The WSD group started looking at integrating RDF/OWL in WSDL. Other groups are thinking about policies expressible in WSDL. In the case of BPEL I could put a reference in the BPEL WSDL file pointing to the BPEL process document which could give me a clear idea of how state is kept inside the process. Etc.

So I think that state semantics could be expressed on top of the existing standards. The issue here would be how far we want to develop these concepts within our group as opposed to just pointing out their importance and letting other groups develop them.

Ugo