RE: SOAP UML diagram

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:09:41 -0500
To: "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Some questions, mostly but not all about cardinality:

A Message can have 0 senders and/or 0 receivers (although the underlying
thing has 1 on bothe).  Is this right?  If a message is anonymous does
it have zero senders or is the sender "anonymous"?

Can you have a Protocol Binding without an Underlying Protocol?

Can you have a sender without a message?  (Is that saying that the role
does not have to be exercized?)

I'm confused about what a Module is.  Why must it have at least one
Header Block, but a Feature can exist without a Header Block?  Is a
Module a necessary concept here?

You've got 0..1 for Header inside Envelope.  I thought a header was
mandatory.

Shouldn't MEP have connections to a bunch of other things?  Like Sender,
Receiver and Node?  It seems to me that if a MEP is an abstract
definition of how a bunch of messages are supposed to work together,
that the various pieces of that pattern need to know that they are part
of that MEP, don't they?