RE: Draft definition of WS

>How about "other software systems"?  I don't think that another system
>needs to be "remote" in order to invoke a Web service.  It might be the
>usual, or most interesting, situation -- but ...

Of course one can do WS on a single machine, but this is missing the whole context
for why WS have been invented - Web-based distributed computing. Too broad
of a defintion says very little. We need to restrict the meaning to focus
on the practical reason for doing this - not the theoretical. Probably
someone has the answer - by why would you ever induce the inefficencies of
distributed computing if you were doing ipc?

>I personally don't think that "may" carries with it the
>implication that
>you draw, but I'd also personally rather not add "may" to
>"has" and "is"
>as topics that we debate for ungodly amounts of time.  To me, however,
>in this context "may" implies, "they interact with the Web service if
>they feel like it", which seems right to me.  It seems to me, however,
>that the sentence scans OK either way and I don't see a substantive
>difference in meaning.

I think that the word 'is' is MUCH better in definitions than the word
'may'. Restricting interpretation, ie focus & clarity, is our job
here.

In this case, considering only your interpretaion  - why are we discussing
that a client can decide to not invoke the WS. This is not central to the
architecture or to this definition.