Style collapsing/engulfing (was Re: The UR Trout: Web Services, REST, SOAP

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:34:14AM +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com> writes:
> > yes but are they [http and xml] "web services"? this is the 1m euro
> > question.
>
> To me, absolutely. Without that you cannot build WSA as a single
> architecture that encompasses both "technologies" for doing stuff.
> Also, WSDL can model the [http and xml] thingies too of course,
> so really REST collapses under WS ;-).

Sure, just like WS - and every other architectural style that has been,
or will ever be - collapses under the awesome power of the Null
style[1]!!

(Facetious, me? 8-)

 [1] http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/rest_arch_style.htm#sec_5_1_1

(Followups set to www-ws@w3.org)