RE: Summing up on visibility(?)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:30:10 -0700
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Whatever.  All I know is that every day I see another article in the trade
press about this; today's is
http://www.networkmagazine.com/article/NMG20021223S0005

I presume that admins can configure the firewall to reject all messages they
don't recognize the application semantics of, and use various rules to
control the processing of messages they do recognize.

Roy's quote says nothing about using only HTTP headers to monitor, cache,
etc. the information.  If an intermediary understands XML and SOAP, in can
be configured to use XPath or whatever to peek into messages and make such
decisions.  Thus, *XML* allows "visibility".