Re: Generic URI things

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:35:20 +0000
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Mark Baker wrote,
> Miles Sabin wrote,
> > ... ie. nothing much beyond dereferencing and validation.
>
> Absolutely false!!

A slip of the fingers on my part. I'd be happy to let my previous mail
stand with dereferencing replaced by your list of methods.

If anything it strengthens my case, because now the agent not only has
to decide _which_ of a set of URIs to operate on, it also has to decide
_which_ operation to apply. Both those decisions require prior
knowledge, context and goals.

Come to think of it, I'm sure you yourself have observed more than once
that more methods implies that more knowledge is required by the agent.

Whatever, this is a (rather lame) distraction. I'd be more interested in
your response to the _substance_ of my mail. This subthread is finished
from my POV.

Cheers,

Miles