RE: Semantic Web needed for RESTful Web services? (RE: Binding)

From: Peter Furniss <peter.furniss@choreology.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:17:36 -0000
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, <edwink@collaxa.com>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Sanjiva sent:

> The BPEL process OTOH has to deal with those as an invocation can
> fail with an error that has nothing to do with the other side at
> all as you noticed.
>
> I believe the BPEL spec currently does not say anything about how
> these kinds of faults are to be delivered to the process; so its
> basically "implementation defined." That's clearly non-interoperable
> and hence would need to be fixed.

Surely it is interoperable, precisely because only one side has anything
to do with it.  However, it is non-portable.

Unless "interoperable" means my application to any of A, B or C's
choreography product.

Of course, this is just the choreography:orchestration,
interface/implementation
issue again.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd

   Cohesions 1.0 (TM)
   Business transaction management software for application coordination

web: http://www.choreology.com
email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com
phone:  +44 20 7670 1679
direct: +44 20 7670 1783