Re: Semantic Web needed for RESTful Web services? (RE: Binding)

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 01:14:24 +0600
To: <edwink@collaxa.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Hi Edwin,

> What happens when an exception occurs? Are local/remote exceptions
> transparent to developers? Does BPWS4J have support for the notion of
> RemoteExceptions (I am not talking about SOAP Faults)?

The only thing I know about the other side is its WSDL. So when
a fault occurs on the other side then one of the faults listed
in the WSDL will come down the wire (as a SOAP:Fault if service
is invoked using SOAP).

Those faults then become BPEL exceptions and are propagated /
handled by the process as indicated in the process.

Sanjiva.