RE: Binding

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:14:23 -0800
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> You seem to be beating on the RPC strawman, even after the
> WS-I has declared him legally dead :-)

This is not exactly correct. What the WS-I Basic Profile has ruled out is RPC with SOAP Encoding (Chapt. 5 of SOAP 1.1). Literal RPC is still part of the Basic Profile.

Recently there were discussions to drop the RPC style entirely from the Basic Profile (which I would have been in favor of), but it was rejected since many people considered that too big a change this late in the game.

Ugo