Diagram - Deployed Element

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:46:33 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
First - Great diagram, in general.  Really useful.

Second - It looks to me like there is something wrong with the way
"deployed element" shows up in this diagram.  It seems to appear on the
same level of, and independent of, an agent -- which doesn't look right
to me.  Moreover, it appears that Services are always deployed as
manageable elements, which I also don't think is right.  (Some might
think it desirable, but it is not required).  Ditto Agent -- somehow it
seems like there are non-service agents that are deployed as manageable
elements, but not deployed services, which is totally confusing to me.
Moreover, it appears that Deployed Elements have nothing to do with
Services.  Again, doesn't look right at all to me, unless I am totally
misunderstanding what an element is.