Visibility (was Re: Introducing the Service Oriented Architectural style, and it's constraints and properties.

BTW, I almost missed this part of Dave's message;

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 10:01:31PM -0800, dorchard@bea wrote:
> The RESTful SOA has the advantage better visibility, as the firewall can
> simply examine the generic interface to determine the action being
> performed.   Intermediaries, such as HTTP routers or caches, can simply look
> at the method.  An example is that a cache can look at the GET and the
> identifier, and return a cached representation.  This is much more difficult
> if the method is in arbitrary places in the POST.  Re-usability can be
> higher as the service may be available on the Web as a URI may be
> transferable.

I agree with him completely.

However, this differs with Mike's earlier assertion[1] that Web services
have better visibility than REST based services (if that's a fair
characterization of his claim that "XML makes data visible beyond HTTP's
dreams").

Not many others expressed an opinion, so it seems hard to say that
concensus has been reached on this issue.

Just an observation.

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2003Jan/0375