RE: Messaging Service Layer

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:38:48 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

A very safe bet :-)

> If there's concensus in the WG
> about what you've written, I would request that this be
> reflected in the arch doc so that IETFers and other OSI/IETF
> model folks can be aware of the difference in terminology.
> Or perhaps it could just go in the glossary, in the
> definitions of "application layer", "transport layer", etc..

There's nothing in the WSA charter or requirements about conforming to any
flavor of the 7-layer networking model, AFAIK.  I'm unfamiliar with the
IETF's position on this as a normative model for the highest-levels of the
protocol stack, could you point me to that? I'd also be interested in
hearing from anyone besides Mark who believes this is an important issue.