Re: Introducing the Service Oriented Architectural style, and it's constraints and properties.

From: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:05:37 -0500
To: "dorchard@bea" <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Dave,

> Architecture Style
> In addition to the styles described in chapter 4 of Dr. Fielding's thesis,
> and the REST style introduced in Chapter 5, this document introduces
> "Service Oriented Architecture".  SOA's are described regularly in
> literature.  This document will describe SOA in relation to Dr. Fielding's
> thesis.

I don't get the gist of SOA, even after having read some of the online
material on it.  I guess what I'm missing is some critical distinctions
from other forms of goodness in distributed computing.  Since the above
proposed text makes heavy use of "SOA", and claims that it is
regularly described in literature, I'd like to propose that a small number
of
high quality references be included in the text.  Google turns up almost
6,000
results for "Service Oriented Architecture".

Does the architecture document already contain such references?
Sorry if I missed them.

Thanks,

Walden