Re: Introducing the Service Oriented Architectural style, and it's constraints and properties.

From: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:53:23 -0500
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

> >  There
> > are limitations to HTTP that can be ameliorated by the use of SOAP.  In
> > cases of Service-oriented applications, such as messaging systems, it is
> > easier to build applications in an SOA style.
>
> I have to disagree there.  I've yet to see a SOA app that wasn't far
> simpler to develop than a REST based app.

Did you mean "more complex"?  And yet it's claimed that REST style,
while not necessarily easy, has longer term payoffs.  Can we come up with
a consistent analysis of SOA vs REST, simple vs complex, easy vs hard,
short-term vs long-term?  Or else maybe just drop the analysis from the
proposed text?

Walden