RE: Glossary - Working UEB Stuff

From: George Blanck <gsblanck@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:45:52 -0500
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Mark, Hugo:

I usually stay out of definition discussions since "everyone has an opinion"
but in the case of element what is needed is simple clarification whether
the term is used as  "base element" (as in "elementary particle") or in the
generic sense (as in "an element of the solution").  Suggestion:

>   Architectural Element
>
>       A generic term referring to a part of an architecture such as a
component, connector, or data.
>       Relationships between elements are constrained in order to
>       achieve a desired set of architectural properties.

George Blanck