From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:53 PM
To: Ricky Ho; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Intermediaries

Again, this is sort of third hand -- I have been trying to capture what
other people said.  However, I believe that the sense I got from David
Booth and others is that the issue of whether the message going from A
to I is "the same" as that going from I to B is something that has to be
considered in the context of "the application", broadly understood. That
is, "the application" includes both what A is doing and what B is doing.
So I guess that there is a God-like observer involved in this scenario
or something.  I don't see how you can think about choreography without
postulating some observer that can see everything that happens and whose
observations correspond absolute reality, as opposed to what is visible
to any particular participant.