RE: Intermediaries

Roger,

I would not use the term choreography. According to my current understanding of WS-Chor, a choreography is a way of describing the patterns of message exchanges among a set of participant nodes, and of describing the change of state of those nodes. A choreography does not map to an node/agent, so I would leave it out of the intermediary discussions.

Orchestration is a more appropriate term for this discussion. Still I would not say that in general "if the purpose or function of the message is substantially changed one should consider the situation to be an orchestration". For instance, I don't think many people would think of a simple gateway as an orchestration node.

Ugo