Re: Discussion topic for tomorrow's call

From: Mario Jeckle <mario@jeckle.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:29:45 +0200
To: "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>
CC: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Eric,

 >But I have one question for you -- what about the transport layer?
 >Are you implying by omitting them from your diagram that they should
be omitted from the stack diagram?
 >Or perhaps underneath everything?
Oops. Sorry. I missed the transport layer.
It should be right under the XML Base Technology layer.
I added it to the diagram and attached a new version.

Note the double mention of security (once within the Messaging layer and
once as separate overall topic) could be regarded as redundant. From my
point of view the additional mentioning of security within the messaging
  layer (more precisely: within the SOAP Extensions layer) makes since
SOAP requires extra work to bring in security.

What do you think?

Mario

--
Prof. Mario Jeckle
University of Applied Sciences Furtwangen

W3C Representative of DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology

MailTo:mario@jeckle.de
MailTo:jeckle@fh-furtwangen.de

My public key: http://www.jeckle.de/marioJeckle.pgp

WSAStackDiagram.png
(image/png attachment: WSAStackDiagram.png)