RE: [MTF] Updated WS Management Architecture concepts

Mark,

Thanks for your comments.

I had this abstract service in my first cut, but I got rid of it for the
following reason. May be you could help me bring it back.

If we look at services from client<->service interactions (which are the
basis of it all), then abstract service really means everything, but the
<service> tag in the WSDL contract. In other words it is sort of service
type really. The abstract service does not exist without a service (not
for a client, not for discovery purposes!) and does not manifest itself
anywhere. It is such a design-time concept that it would be very hard to
put any meaningful management to it at runtime.

I had placed abstract service as part of a drill down of the Contract. I
guess that would be proper place for it. Client or Discovery Agency
could locate services by contract equivalence based on understanding of
the abstract service.

I agree on the "represents" for Proxy->Service, but "aggregation" to the
Abstract Service would mean more the design-time pattern. So, it won't
matter at runtime if WSEE hosts just a coded service or a
process-aggregated one. We'd need to get to process
management/choreography to figure out anything more detailed about an
aggregated service, which we probably don't need to do right now. It
won't really matter how service has been created -- is it a coded
service or a workflow. On the other hand, we do need to take care of
management of Intermediaries and relay-sorta proxies because this is
part of SOAP 1.2 basic MEPs.

In other words, for management architecture we probably need to focus on
everything that is valuable, operable and measurable at runtime. The
conceptual model that we build should easily lay out into the management
components and their semantic links (named relationships). I would leave
other concepts for more generic, service-design/development/business
architecture.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)