RE: Reliable Messaging Definition

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:31:04 -0700
To: "'Champion, Mike'" <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
>Given the widespread interest in this subject, it seems likely that we'll
see one or more industry proposals for a reliable messaging layer on top of
SOAP (and/or HTTP??) before long, so we can't ignore this.

I think there are already a couple of proposals out there:

- ebXML Message Service's Reliable Messaging Module
- Microsoft's SOAP Reliable Messaging Protocol, or SRMP - see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcemsmq/htm
/ceconSOAPExtensionsForReliableMessaging.asp
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcemsmq/ht
m/ceconSOAPExtensionsForReliableMessaging.asp>  (I found it interesting that
Microsoft used WS-Routing and SRMP to provide and alternative implementation
of MSMQ over SOAP/HTTP instead of its original proprietary protocol)
- IBM's HTTPR (reliability at the transport level)

Ugo