RE: new editor's draft of WSA available

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 05:47:10 -0700
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher B Ferris [mailto:chrisfer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 7:16 AM
To: Hao He
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: new editor's draft of WSA available

Hao,

While you may be right, for this draft I think that this would a) require
some
substantial rework and b) we would need to gain consensus from the WG.

What about the option of putting in a paragraph or so acknowledging that XML
over HTTP is a "Level [0|1]" web service, but that you have to "pay the
SOAP/WSDL tax"  (rephrased, of course) to get the additional benefits that
the higher levels of the web services stack entail?  I think we need to
acknowledge the point that Hao (and others) make, but of course I agree that
we don't want to substantially rework the document or distract the WG.

Would that address your concerns, Hao?  Or do you think the more fundamental
discussion/reworking is necessary to meet them?