RE: new editor's draft of WSA available

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:42:20 -0700
To: "'Christopher B Ferris'" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Just a few comments after quickly going through the new draft:
- Section 3.1 and Section 4
"The request/response pattern is also often called the remote procedure call
(RPC) oriented interaction style"
I thought we already agreed to drop that statement. See thread starting at
- Section 3.2.1
"message integrity - one solution is a SOAP Module with encryption"

"digital signatures" would be more appropriate here than "encryption"
- Section
This term has been used in the past within the W3C to indicate the area
currently addressed by attachments (see for example [2]) and might create
- Section 4
"Intermediaries are allowed to process a message header information only.
When processing a message, intermediaries must not disturb the data content,
but may add or remove header content. "
I guess it depends on what we mean by "disturb". For example, an encryption
intermediary must be able to replace sections of the body with their
encrypted representation.
- Section 6.3.2
JMS is not really a protocol, but a standardized Java API put on top of
(usually proprietary) MOM protocols. It might still be convenient to use JMS
to refer to the collection of all those possible protocols. Maybe a little
clarification note would be useful.
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Oct/0054.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/07/xml-packaging-charter