RE: Definition of Choreography

From: bhaugen <linkage@interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:54:19 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

What ordering requirements cannot be met by preconditions?

Alternatively, what tangled knots will you weave as hard-coded sequences
get into exception paths?

I remember the evolution of Critical Path and PERT networks from I-J
explicit links to predecessor links.  Predecessors were much simpler and
more flexible.  And they could express any network that could be
expressed with direct I-J links.  And they didn't require the dummy
nodes that I-J networks needed.

While it's not exactly the same problem, I think it's the same
conclusion with preconditions vs hard-coded sequences.

Or to put it another way, Web business processes are conversations, not
work flows.

-Bob Haugen