Re: remembering business data and taxonomy in description

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:06:29 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: "'David Booth'" <dbooth@w3.org>, "'Champion, Mike'" <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:35:31PM -0700, David Orchard wrote:

> harumph.  Seemed like YAATCWS2SW ( another attempt to couple web services to
> semantic web) to me.

"couple" is just another word for "use"; one where the user of it
wants you to believe that it's a bad idea, prima facie.  I prefer to
judge technologies based on merit, rather than rejecting them out of
hand because of their association with a project that isn't well
understood.

Maybe we should rename OWL to "WS-Integration".  Sigh.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com