Re: TAG "Architecture of the World Wide Web" new draft published

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:29:09AM -0500, Champion, Mike wrote:
> AFAIK,
> asertions
> about the "principles of the Web architecture" that are not stated
> explicitly in that document are not constraints on the Web Services
> architecture.

That's a reasonable position, but obviously the TAG Arch doc isn't
finished yet, and the section most relevant to Web services (IMO),
section 4, is almost completely empty.

Could I respectfully request that if you're going to close any
issues that relate to things not yet covered by "webarch", that you
provide your reasoning for doing so above and beyond "because
the TAG hasn't told us otherwise yet"?

To pick an example out of thin air (8-), if the WG is going to
close an issue about the non-adoption of the uniform interface
constraint (a given, I'd say), then rather than just saying "The TAG
hasn't told us that this is a constraint we must work under", you
could also add something like "We feel this constraint is unnecessary
because it requires that humans be involved in the process", or
"we believe that problems can be solved with or without this constraint
but we have chosen not to use it because previous systems such as
CORBA and DCOM didn't use it", or whatever the reason happens to be.

Thanks.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com