WSDL and HTTP OPTIONS

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:47:14 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Greetings,

I was chatting with Sanjiva on www-ws-desc about pub/sub and its
implications on an interface, when I realized that HTTP OPTIONS is
probably the most appropriate method over which to return WSDL.

This would help alleviate the ambiguity we've seen in some discussions
here (IIRC - can't find anything in the archives) about service URIs
versus WSDL URIs, etc..

So you could identify a service by a single URI such as;

http://example.org/stock-quote-service

GET would return a representation of the state of the service, whereas
OPTIONS would return the WSDL.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com