Paris presentation on the Semantic Web?

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:58:44 -0400
To: "'wsawg public'" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
Cc: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
There seems to be a lot of questions and confusion about the Semantic Web,
RDF, ontologies and the like.  And since there is also so much discussion
about the relationship between Web Services and the Semantic Web, I'd like
to propose to do a presentation on these topics at our Paris face-to-face
meeting.  The purpose would be to explain the fundamentals of what these
technologies are, what they can do, why they're important, and why they're
relevant to Web Services, and give people an opportunity to ask
questions.  And if people prefer, I would be happy to do it outside of our
"official" meeting times, such as during lunch or something.

Chris, would you please put this on the agenda for our next teleconference?

Thanks.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard