D-AC011 discussion points and proposal

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:38:51 -0400
To: wsawg public <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
D-AC011

IBM: Needs to say 'should be consistent with the existing web'.

We must be careful with absolutes.
As I've commented before, we should not be arbitrarily inconsistent,
nor should we introduce inconsistency without extreme due diligence.
However, we are standardizing a new capability to the web therefore
the 'new' things may be inconsistent with the exisiting simply because
they don't exist today.

<proposal>
Would adoption of the wording as proposed above be acceptable?
</proposal>