RE: D-AG006 Security

From: Darran Rolls <Darran.Rolls@waveset.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:12:27 -0500
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net>
Cc: "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "Dilber, Ayse, ALASO" <adilber@att.com>, "Joseph Hui" <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>, "Edgar, Gerald" <gerald.edgar@boeing.com>, "Abbie Barbir" <abbieb@nortelnetworks.com>, "Allen Brown" <allenbr@microsoft.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
Sounds like a potential part of the charter wording "ensuring reuse of
existing web service security standards..."

Incidentally, OASIS has taken a direct step in this direction with the
formation of a Joint Committee for security standards.  The Security
Standards Joint Committee (SJC) [1] has been formed to ensure
consistency and re-use within OASIS.  It sounds like a security chapter
under WSA-WG would want a very close relationship with the SSJC -
something I'd be happy to help facilitate.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security-jc/

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360