Re: Status of D-AG0013: Coordination within W3C

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:36:47 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Dave Orchard pointed out a typo that I made, and I also realized that
I didn't discuss any critical success factors, so I am resending here
a typo-free text, and some critical success factors.

+ Text (that people didn't object to):

   co-ordinate with other W3C Working Groups and the Technical
   Architecture Group in order to maintain a coherent architecture for
   Web services.

+ Comments:

There was an attempt to merge D-AG0013 and D-AG0014[2], but there was
some resistance regarding this, so I will only address D-AG0013 here.

+ Critical success factors:

- Go through the W3C review process, and satisfy dependencies as
  listed in the charter[1].
  This will, among other things, insure that the different Working
  Groups operating under the Web Services Activity agree on the
  architecture.

- The documents produced are used as input to charter new Web Services
  Working Groups.

  1. http://www.w3.org/2002/01/ws-arch-charter#internal
  2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0206.html
--