RE: D-AG006 Security

Hi,

 | 2. You have described the techniques one may use to secure
 | *any* web service usage scenario. It would be useful to see
 | whether there are categories of usage scenarios where some
 | specific combination of techniques will make sense. For
 | example, should accessing a "weather info service," be
 | secured using authorization, authentication? Should the
 | weather info be ensured to be authentic and unaltered?
 | Same questions for sending in a bill payment to a bank from
 | a customer. If there are many categories, then we may see
 | how to satisfy all of them in a generic way. Alternately,
 | we may suggest techniques that may be generically adopted.

<KS>
	I do not think we should get into this. For example we could
describe security 1-10 or weak, medium or strong or ... Again the
relative strengths or other similar grading attributes are domain
specific i.e. a weak authC in one domain might be the strongest authC in
another domain.

	IMHO, we would define and identify the various mechanisms and
leave the interpretations to the domains/applications.
</KS>
 | 3. It would be good to define the "end points" of whatever
 | scenarios we are securing. What are the boundaries of
 | whatever we are securing? Is it from a s/w client to the web
 | service? Or, is it from the human client to the web service provider?

<KS>
	Can you identify the set of actors ? This would help me in my
examples as well. As a starting point, we have web service, service
provider, s/w client, human client, service intermediary and service
aggregator.
</KS>