RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

I didn't see much discussion in response to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0029.html .  This
described about 6 gradations between something that is clearly a "web
resource" (a stock quote page directed at humans) and indisputably a "web
service" (a SOAP message invoking an XML representation of the stock price,
all described in WSDL). I'd be very curious to hear where other people would
draw the line.  For me, it's where the "contract" between the service
provider and the service consumer becomes explicit and detailed enough so
that a programmer could invoke the service and use the results, without any
"AI" stuff, of course.