Re: D-AC004 Status

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:12:23 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

* michael.mahan@nokia.com <michael.mahan@nokia.com> [2002-06-26 21:36-0400]
> Chris asked me to summarize the thread for the telecon. As I see it,
> here is what is still standing:
[..]
> AR00X.4: (this still needs work)
> component relationships are described in terms of messages and message
> transmission protocols. (original)
> OR
> relationships between components must be well described
> (suggested, I feel this is not enough)

I think that there is a terminology problem here.

The first proposal suggests that "components" means Web services. I
understand the second one as referring to components of the
architecture, such as choreography, security.

I am happy with the first one, but I think that "components" is a
confusing word to use here.

And if I got it wrong, then it is more confusing than what I thought.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C