SAML's authZ token?

From: Joseph Hui <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:18:27 -0700
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Hi all,

I recall someone from the WSAWG mentioned something
to the effect of "using SAML"s authorization token"
a while ago.  (It had to be "SAML's," as I remember,
because "Passport's" or "Liberty Alliance's" or
something else's would have been locked into other
cells of my memory.)

I'm having difficulty locating where and what SAML does
about Authorization.  I did read the "Sec & Privacy Cons
for SAML" doc, which a colleague of mine cc'ed me a week
prior to the last F2F, circa June.  AuthZ was not there.
Was I missing something or simply misinformed?

Thanks,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service