Re: Where do we find software architecture?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:24:00 -0400
To: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:40:12PM -0700, Burdett, David wrote:
> Does this make sense?

I think that describes the typical waterfall model.  But sometimes
software happens without an architecture document, and at that point,
the architecture *exists*, it just hasn't been written down.  So maybe
you start writing it down at some point, so that you have something
to work from, to give you a base from which to reason about the value
of particular extensions or uses/misuses.

At least that's how I see it.