Re: [STF] STF Concall Minutes 7/22/02

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:10:57 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

* David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> [2002-07-23 20:47-0700]
> I think I'd prefer the intra-STF discussions to be done on the public
> www-ws-arch mailing list.  This is a public working group.  Those who want
> to work "without being distracted by having to respond to public comments to
> raw ideas or writings meant for STF members only" should have voted for the
> www-ws-arch group to be a private discussion forum.  I don't necessarily
> agree with the group's discussions being public, but that's the way it's
> chartered.

That is what I was pushing for, but people felt the need of discussing
uncooked proposals in semi-private area before showing it to the
Working Group. I had therefore requested the taskfore to copy
www-archive so that those uncooked proposals are still publically
archived, even if they aren't distributed to the Working Group yet.

Since at least one Working Group member outside the taskforce
expressed his desire to follow those discussions, those discussions
must be done on the www-ws-arch mailing list as per the Working Group
charter[1].

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://www.w3.org/2002/07/ws-arch-charter#email