RESTing on laurels

From: Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:41:59 -0700
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
I too am somewhat tired by the REST vs the rest argument. However, I
raised some of the issues for a couple of good reasons:

1. I believe that the use cases that I identified are `mission
critical'; i.e., a WSA that does not speak to them will fail our
customers in a fundamental way and will result in side-lining of the
entire effort by the market-place. Certainly I do not require a complete
solution from the WSA for the use cases as they require many additional
elements that properly belong at different levels of abstraction.

2. I was made aware of an assertion that the TAG will not approve any
WSA that was not compatible with REST; and that scared me -- to quote:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0067.html