RE: RESTing on laurels

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:49:17 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fgm@fla.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 12:42 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RESTing on laurels

2. I was made aware of an assertion that the TAG will not approve any WSA
that was not compatible with REST; and that scared me -- to quote:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0067.html
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0067.html>

AFAIK, the working understanding is that the level of REST compatibility in
SOAP 1.2 as currently drafted is sufficient for both XMLP and WSA to move
forward without fear of serious pushback from the TAG.   If we don't achieve
at least that level of compatibility (allowing GET of "safe" web services
resources) we would have problems.