Re: A REST challenge

From: bhaugen <linkage@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:34:23 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Francis,

I thought you were the champion of a semantic approach
to these problems.

Instead of technical kludges like "correlation ID",
which has no semantic value, why don't you
define a business semantic model of the
conversation and its contents?

E.g. you have an Order and a Delivery and
an Account with a Balance.  The Delivery
fulfills the Order.

If you think of the conversation as speech acts,
the Order is a Commitment, and Delivery
fulfills the Commitment.

Etc.

It seems to me that all of the above concepts
are much more like REST resources than
SOAP methods.

-Bob Haugen
ebXML, eBTWG, UN/CEFACT Business Process Modeling projects