Re: A REST challenge

"Narahari, Sateesh" wrote:

> > Let's be concrete.
> >
> > POST /call-back/server/
> > callback-URI: http://www.myhomeaddress.com/myuri/CORRELATIONID_1234
> >
> > Now the call-back server calls back
> >
> > POST /myuri/CORRELATIONID_1234
> > host: www.myhomeaddress.com
> >

> oh, by the way, my CORRELATIONID_1234 for ordering books happened to be the
> same as CORRELATIONID_1234 of my collegue who happened to order a pizza from
> a different vendor. But, www.myhomeaddress.com doesn't know that. And when

Why would you give out addresses on www.myhomeaddress.com without
coordination? There are a hundred simple solutions to the problem. After
all, the URI namespace is infinite. You could subdivide it in any of a
thousand ways. Each process could embed their PID in the URI. Each
*object* could embed a pointer address in the URI. Each process could
have its own IP address or domain.

How would you solve this differently with SOAP (instead of HTTP) or with
some other architectural style other than REST?
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com