RE: A REST challenge

From: Narahari, Sateesh <Sateesh_Narahari@jdedwards.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:56:24 -0600
To: "'Paul Prescod'" <paul@prescod.net>, Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>

> Let's be concrete.
>
> POST /call-back/server/
> callback-URI: http://www.myhomeaddress.com/myuri/CORRELATIONID_1234
>
> Now the call-back server calls back
>
> POST /myuri/CORRELATIONID_1234
> host: www.myhomeaddress.com

oh, by the way, my CORRELATIONID_1234 for ordering books happened to be the
same as CORRELATIONID_1234 of my collegue who happened to order a pizza from
a different vendor. But, www.myhomeaddress.com doesn't know that. And when
my supplier notifies me that book is shipped, it sends a notification to my
collegue that pizza is ready. My collegue thinks pizza is coming, since
notification from pizza supplier that he ran out of ingredients, and his
order can not be fulfilled was ignored by www.myhomeaddress.com

We suddely have a starving programmer problem, thanks to REST and its
simplicity.

If only running a business and writing code for business was as easier as
standardizing couple of verbs :-).

Sateesh