RE: [RTF] AC019 proposal to WSA WG

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-phtt/ says

"Reliable messaging refers to the ability of a sender to deliver a message
once and only once to its intended receiver. It is a necessary building
block for most non- query communication between programs. The basic method
for achieving reliable delivery is for the sender to send the message
repeatedly to the target until the target acknowledges receipt of the
message. The message must contain an identifier of some kind so that the
target will discard any duplicates it receives. While this should be simple
task to perform, it is surprisingly difficult to achieve in the full context
of possible failures and acceptable efficiency."

That seems like a reasonable description of the problem to me, irrespective
of whether one considers HTTPR to be an appropriate solution.