Re: [RTF] AC019 proposal to WSA WG

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:36:59 -0400
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:52:59AM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> I'm saying that there is, IMHO, no incompatibility between the REST
> architectural style and a reliable messaging infrastructure.

I agree that there's no inherrent incompatibility with the generic
interface portion of REST (which sometimes gets too much focus).  But I
definitely disagree that reliable messaging is compatible with the
overall architecture.

Anyhow, I think I've said my piece.  I've proposed several alternatives,
and I've even offered to drop this objection if we'd just pick an
architectural style.