RE: [RTF] Glossary entry ""metric of Architectural component"

From: Damodaran, Suresh <Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:09:10 -0500
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: "Wsa-public (E-mail)" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

I don't think I understand your comment, Mark.
Hardware is used today to implement security techniques. See  [1] for a
sample.
I will not speak for some of the companies involved who are well represented
in this WG, but I definitely think some components of Web Services
will be implemented in hardware. It is not appropriate to say that WSA is
a "software" architecture. Just "architecture" would suffice, IMO.
Having said this, I will let the h/w company representatives to pick up this
debate
if they chose - this is not something I want to spend time debating.

Sincerely,
-Suresh
Sterling Commerce
[1] http://www.itglobalsecure.com/en/products/p_cat_encrypt.htm