RE: Architectural principles ( was: Late Binding )

FWIW, the TAG is considering this matter and discussing a draft
document at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0607-intro that
seems to address these questions.   From what I can see in this document, it
stresses the importance of URIs as the foundation of the Web, but does not
take a stand on the more controversial parts of the REST approach, e.g. it's
assertions that URIs be "opaque" don't seem to be at odds with any of the
SOAP ideas being kicked around.

Comments should be directed to www-tag@w3.org