RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

I'd say the jury is out on technology too.  Dave Winer's rants against WSDL
and the REST critique of SOAP-RPC come to mind. The market and Reality will
have to sort out what technology actually works as promised. We *are* the
jury on the "functional view," IMHO, so we have to get to work and decide
the case. <grin>

Seriously, the WS-I is tasked with taking the "technology view" and sorting
out what works now.  If they can define profiles of SOAP and WSDL that
really solve real problems, putting on blinders to avoid being distracted by
philosophical debates, great.  We have to take a somewhat longer view of the
technology, and a more general understanding of the functionality.  BUT we
need to drive a stake in the ground on functionality in order to define what
it is that we are doing.