Re: UDDI's UUIDs issue

Paul Prescod wrote:

> > If we create a uddi: scheme, I can see the UDDI TC developing a
> > mechanism that would allow you to perform a GET on a uddi: URL and
> > retrieve the resource.
>
> How would it be easier to perform a GET on a "uddi:" URL than on an HTTP
> URL? There are already hundreds of toolkits out there that now how to do
> the HTTP URL fetch and 0 that know how to do the uddi URL fetch.
>>.

I would concur with Paul that using existing toolkits adhering to mature
protocols is the way I personally would prefer to see this develop.
Using the standard HTTP get has the same effective result and is
agnostic to the back end implementation.

Duane Nickull
--
VP Strategic Relations,
Technologies Evangelist