Re: UDDI's UUIDs issue

From: Duane Nickull <duane@xmlglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:48:51 -0800
To: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Cc: Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net>, "Munter, Joel D" <joel.d.munter@intel.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Paul Prescod wrote:

> > If we create a uddi: scheme, I can see the UDDI TC developing a
> > mechanism that would allow you to perform a GET on a uddi: URL and
> > retrieve the resource.
> How would it be easier to perform a GET on a "uddi:" URL than on an HTTP
> URL? There are already hundreds of toolkits out there that now how to do
> the HTTP URL fetch and 0 that know how to do the uddi URL fetch.

I would concur with Paul that using existing toolkits adhering to mature
protocols is the way I personally would prefer to see this develop.
Using the standard HTTP get has the same effective result and is
agnostic to the back end implementation.

Duane Nickull
VP Strategic Relations,
Technologies Evangelist
XML Global Technologies