Re: WSD Requirements: add a requirement about safe and idempotent characteristics

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:58:38AM +0100, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
> Assaf,
>
> I'd like to point out that SOAP 1.2 also supports HTTP GET, for
> exactly the same reasons as HTTP, so as of now there should be no
> difference in the way we use SOAP from HTTP (at least at a
> certain level ;)).

8-)

Of course, there's no PUT binding (or similar), so you can't use SOAP
1.2 with HTTP (properly) yet to expect and effect an idempotent state
change.

I was working on a definition of a SET method, as a more general
version of PUT that would allow the SOAP processing model to be
introduced, but haven't worked on it in a while since there's not
much point ... that would only introduce more confusion about which
method to use!  Sigh. 8-(