Re: RDF isn't so hot

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:43:14 -0400
To: Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 09:36:11AM -0700, Francis McCabe wrote:
> Let me add one important point: the MOTIVATION for RDF, and DAML/OIL for
> that matter, is spot on. This complaint is about the technology used to
> solve the problems.

Absolutely.  I don't think now's the right time, nor is this the right
place, to get into this subject in any detail.  Suffice it to say that
we seem to agree that putting the smarts in the data is the way to go.
I prefer RDF, because its design focus resonates with my views on how
Internet-scale distributed systems should be built.  But if I'm wrong,
and Topic Maps ends up ruling the world, I could use it too.