Re: RDF isn't so hot

Francis McCabe wrote:

> At the risk of throwing in a wet towel on a flame fest etc. etc. I feel it
> is important to raise a few warnings about RDF.
>
>  From a number of different points of view, RDF has serious issues:
>
> 1. Software Engineering
>    RDF is `aggressively' untyped; in some ways it is even worse than XML in
> this regard which at least has DTDs and XML schemas to assist the process.
>   RDF is untypeable (sic) and proud of it. This maximizes the impedance gap
> between RDF and regular programming languages.

Just as XML has XML Schemas, RDF has DAML, with its
daml:DataTypeProperty!

In general, it is surprising to me that you evaluate RDF separate from
its schema languages.

 * http://www.daml.org/2002/03/tutorial/slide120-0.html
--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith